7/31/2007

On an Island



And the we ended up to the most remote island of the Gulf of Finland. Me and my Boss were like explores of the lost world of fishing communties. Island was almost empty but during summer months people are coming there by boat to spend their holidays. Once there was on that island hundreds of people living and dying there.




Once the island was full of people, full of fish, full of life. Where are they all now? Well, their accidental momentum on this planet is gone forever. They shall never come back...




We were talking about my coming trip to Asia. Boss adviced me to stay there at least till January when the darkness of Finnish winter starts to give the way to the light. I promised nothing.
- I´m gonna come back when I please. If I feel bored or homesick I shall jump to first plane. I have skipped Bali and Kuala Lumpur from my list. Maybe I fly from Thailand only to Georgetown on Penang island in Malaysia. They have good vibes over there, splendid mix of cultures... But let´s wait and see...




Then we found the old cemetery. They all were sleeping there. Many of the islanders had finished they life in the raging storms of Gulf of Finland. I think that they couldn´t hear us in their Big Sleep. Emptyness, darkness, not even that. Just nothing. Not even the memories of their childhood when they all thought that life would never come to an end...




We saw big ships on their way to Russia. We shaw a ship carrying the nuclear waste. We shaw everything and more. It was a good day to be alive on an island.

Ei kommentteja: